BOA Alphaline is committed to protect the privacy of our clients and associated persons, our employees, and other individuals whose personal information we collect and process. This privacy statement governs personal data collection and other related matters. You are advised that, by registering for and continuing to use BOA Alphaline website and/or subscribe for the product and/or services, you shall be deemed to have agreed and accepted the terms as provided herein.
Collection of your personal data
The type of your personal data which we may collect varies depending on the products and/or services you select or agreements you have with us. But generally, the personal data which we collect will include (but are not limited to your name, date of birth, gender, nationality and race, preferred language, email address, current home or work address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number and particulars of identification documents (including NRIC and/or passport number), as well as financial and banking information as and when required). For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
How do we use the information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
How do we share your information
We do not sell your personal data to others for commercial purposes. We only share your personal information to provide products and/or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of terms, or as otherwise required by law.
- We provide such information to third parties who have entered into non-disclosure agreements with us.
- We may aggregate, anonymize, and publish data for statistical and research purposes only. For example, we may compile and share information related to the popularity of certain products and/or services tracked by users. In any such instance, the information will not be able to be traced back to any individual.
We take precautions to ensure the security of your personal information. We ensure that our website is protected by reasonable security measures afforded by current technology, and that all our data hosts and servers are similarly protected by such security measures. We strongly advice you to change your password frequently and not to use the same password for different websites.
We cannot protect any information that you transmit to other users. You should never transmit personal or identifying information to other users.
Retention of your personal information
Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your Web browser when you visit our website or when you view advertisements, we have placed on another website. Cookies allow your browser to remember some specific information which the web server can later retrieve and use. When you quit your browser, some cookies are stored in your computer’s memory, while some expire or disappear.
- To improve site security by authenticating you (verify that you are who you say you are) when you sign-in to our site.
- To keep track of your specified preferences such as language, time zone and timeouts after periods of inactivity.